asked: hello i just really wanted to say that ily lots and that you're a really great human being so keep on being your amazing self dear uwu
!!! thank you uwu
asked: "The Santa Anas blew in hot from the desert...Oleander time...'lovers who kill each other now will blame it on the wind." This has been your random quote of the day goodbye.
i’ve never read that book but thanks dude
asked: CONVINCE ME TO PLAY HALO
i hope you know what you’re in for buddy
- this series has one of the most immersive and expansive universes i have ever encountered, and i have no qualms saying that the halo universe is my favorite fictional universe
- a male character who is, by and large, defined through his female-identifying companion
- said companion is never, ever sexualized or slighted/demeaned in any way just for being female-identifying
- come to think of it i don’t think there are any female characters who get sexualized. lots of seriously wonderful women in power
- a complex story that starts off looking black and white on the surface but ends up being very much grey
- the relationship between the two main characters is never sexualized and never thrown into a romantic light but the series constantly emphasizes how important it is that these two have each other, and just how many incredible feats they accomplish by working together
- so much snark. so much great snark
- it’s fucking fun to play it’s literally The Game that’s responsible for the success of the modern console shooter and there’s a damn good reason for it
- it’s a story about hope, desperation, perseverance, sacrifice; it’s about the amazing feats that people do when they’re united, and even when they’re divided amongst themselves. it’s inspiring and wonderful and fantastic and most of all, it’s honestly such a human story
- there’s such a huge, grand atmosphere surrounding it – this is something that i missed in halo 4, but bungie did a phenomenal job including overarching, quasi-religious themes in their games (also, t.s. eliot)
- in exchange for that, though, halo 4 explores the definition of humanity in a truly fascinating way
- there are a lot of expanded universe novels and (for the most part) they’re a total treat, but the series is pretty good at leaving all of the novel stuff as purely optional – you can read the books to get more of the universe, but you don’t have to read them to know what’s going on
the music seriously the music in this series deserves me making its own long-ass post for it. when you think of iconic video game music a lot of it boils down to classics (legend of zelda, mario, etc.) but halo is one of the modern games that always ends up in Those Montages, you know? and when you hear the halo theme, you know exactly what the fuck is up
god halo just??? ?? it means so much to me it’s such a safe place for me and it’s always been something that’s mine, not something that someone introduced me to, and i’ve just had so many fucking great experiences playing it with my friends and yeah i’ve basically reached the point in this reply where i just gonna shrug and recommend that you play it because it is absolutely a series you should take the time to experience
it makes me so sad when people dismiss it as “just another MLG dudebro shooter” and it makes me extra sad when people who play the game think nothing of the storyline sigh
just for reference i’ll throw the order of the games under a cut
asked: I know saying calm down won't help and I know saying you'll be fine won't either but I want you to know you rock dude and you are going to rock this interview, it's okay to be nervous no one should tell you differently interviews can be stressful but loads of people believe in you and that you will do hella rad in this interview even if you don't know they do. Also you're hella cute so there's that, go rock that interview dude.
t hank you„„
asked: Hi! Have you ever heard of Ignition Zero? It's a webcomic with two lead ace characters and i'm really curious about it but i wanted to ask around first and find out if i can get some opinions and i value yours a lot~
i haven’t heard about it!! idk if anyone else has, though? thoughts?
asked: ok this is the same anon with a squish but i come with a question this time: Since he's my first squish (or any relationship person like ever), i don't know what to do? Do we just keep going on as normal? We've held hands and cuddled and stuff but like, is there anything else that we can do now that we're officially squishes and everything? is being a squish like being in a relationship?? I know what the term means and i use it to describe us but i don't know what it entails :x
oH sweetie there really aren’t any Rules for being someone’s squish„„„, a lot of stuff like this is 100% up to you and only you can answer those questions!
are both of you comfortable with doing anything other than just cuddling and holding hands? is smooching okay? do both of you want to keep this an exclusive relationship/friendship/squish-ship? do you want to refer to each other as partners/SOs/etc? do you want it to be like a relationship? would you like to just keep on going as normal?
all of these are totally great questions that you should be asking yourself and your squish! there aren’t any Rules or Things You Have To Do To Be Official and please don’t let anyone make you think and there are, being someone’s squish entails exactly what you want it to entail!!
asked: Gosh, there's so much I want to say and I literally don't even know where to start. Basically I'm just a huge fan and your Supernatural fics are my safe fics for when I'm having a shitty day or I just want good writing and you're just so good holy shit. Like your characterization and style and everything it's all just so phenomenal. And I'm sorry for the grammar mistakes I'm making right now but I'm getting all flustered (if I wasn't on anon, I'd be a million times worse). And now i'll run away
this got completely buried in my inbox i’m sorry but goodness thank you so much!!
asked: Hi, just to let you know that the links to the college AU and cop AU fics (spn) don't work :(
yep, i know. the author took them both down.
asked: Just wanted to share a story~ I have a squish and i was terrified of telling him he was my squish bc i'm so used to being rejected with my feelings and stuff but i wanted to tell him bc i also didn't want him to get overwhelmed by how intense i was being. So last night when I came over for movie night i told him and when we were falling asleep he whispered "you're my squish too" and we fell asleep holding hands uwu
THE MOST ADORABLE THING I’VE EVER HEARD WOW
asked: What's your favorite headcanon about your Shepard's background?
ooooh i don’t actually have any headcanons about my shep’s background, to be honest. i don’t even remember which one i chose for her :(
i do wanna say that i did the colonist option? because i feel like she really fits the “soldier of fortune” thing where she started fighting once she had something to fight for